Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Past Is A Teacher That Finally Taught Me Something

Hey there, how ya doin' there, hey. (:

So sorry for not blogging lately, I've been at my sister's all week whose computer won't let me upload pictures. It hates blogger for some reason. No fun. Anyways, for this entire past week I have been stuck at home. No school or anything. We had "Snowmaggedon" as my friend Chris likes to call it. I'm not sure if I even spelled that right. You get the point though, right?
On the 11th of this month, I made a pledge to God that I was going to successfully do a Daniel Fast. For those who don't know what it is, you fast for 21 days from all sugar, meats, dairy, caffeine, and yeast. Only fruit, veggies, whole grain, and water are allowed. You would think it's not too bad, but you have no idea how difficult it is driving by all the fast food places as they mock you from behind. "Eat Kelsey, we're fatty, and sugary, and gooooooood." Ugh, it is a challenge, but will be so worth it. As a part of this fast, I have to make my own dinners when at my sister's house, since she knows not of what I can and cannot eat. Now, I am not the world's greatest cook, by any means, but I did manage to make this lovely dish.
It includes : Whole grain spaghetti, steamed carrots, broccoli, and spinach-I love veggies!
It was actually really, really good.
A proud chef I am(:

 My sister actually has a 6 month little baby named Cole Parker Engleka, who I love to death. That boy is the sunshine in my life. One smile and you melt. He just know learned how to sit up by himself, so cute right?

Until I write again,
xoxo,
Kelsey.

2 comments: