Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Nobody Can Steal Your Dreams.

Last summer I began a new hobby and it soon became the greatest thing I've ever experienced. Colorguard.
August 2-13, I was stuck at school from 7am-6:30pm all day, spinning my flag, tossing my rifle, and sweating like a fat pig. Literally, it would get up to about 100degrees at around 12pm everyday. Oh and did I mention I spent my 16th birthday at band camp? Yep, I did. Anyways, I miss colorguard so much. Now that football season is over, and competitions are done with, I have nothing to do with my spare time. This is a little presentations of the memories made throughout my new endeavor.

This was taken during the first week of band camp, excuse my messy messy hair, but I think it is a pretty awesome picture! Love my trumpet/baritone players in the backround (:
This was on the way to my very first football game!  I was a nervous wreck! So nervous. To the right is Bethany Hunter or known in the guard as "grandma bethany." She is so strong even though she's been through so much this year. & I love her. Behind us making that obnoxious face is my best fweeen, Samantha. Enough said. (:
 
This was on the way to WCU otherwise known as Western Carolina University. In order to get there at our performance time, the entire band held a giant sleepover at the school. Girls in the library, boys in the band room. It was intense. Right after the football game, we stayed up to about 11:45pm, then woke up at exactly 3am! The drive there was around 6 hours. We slept the entire way there, until we woke up at Bojangles for breakfast. Never the less, it was amazing. I would wake up at 3am anytime for that wonderful college.
These are my double swing flags. Swing flags have like normal silks, but only have 2 foot poles. Simple as it may look, you can get tangled up in these in a heart beat. This was my favorite song in the show. The ballad. So beautiful. It made my captain's mom cry. In fact, I almost cried while performing it!
This is Haley, she's one of my closest friends on the guard. No one will ever understand how wierd we are together. Love her to deathhhh (:
Oh, and I forgot to mention how beautiful Western is. It's in Cullowhee, NC aka: the middle of nowhere.
I am going to be doing a post on it later today, so keep looking for new posts! Oh, and that's their marching band. Beast, purely beast.
And these, well these are my girls(:
We had just gotten back from our very first 1st place competition. And by first place, I mean in every catagory. It's moments like these that make all the hard work worth while. Mrs. Audridge (our instructor) brought us these yellow roses and quoted "Some roses for my flowers."
Crying tears of joy, we all came in for a group hug. I love band.

Can't wait for the 2011 season! Go Trojans!

Xoxo,
Kelsey. 


6 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! =)
    My cousin goes to WCU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! And really? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures, Kelsey. I always wanted to be in color guard. Lol. You're really good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh why thanks Jerey!
    It is so so so much fun. But hey, they have independent guards you can join. Maybe you might check one out? I don't know, but it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should do an independent guard! I am a guard instructor from Indiana and like you guard was my passion. After high school I missed it so much and now I have four kids and not to brag lol... but my son is the first in the history of this guard to be able to toss 7's and 8's on the rifle and catch behind his back. He is better than I ever was. Do you have any video's of the guard?

      Delete
  5. I was honestly thinking of joining an independent guard! I love it so much, and should have more time for it away from high school. We only have private videos on our band website, but I'll see if I can get the HTML and put one up on my blog. Thanks for your interest and opinion, it means a lot! (:

    ReplyDelete