Saturday, February 19, 2011

Let Your Glory Come Down

This weekend was a very fun one to say the least. It was our youth groups' WYR, or Winter Youth Retreat.
We left at 12noon Friday afternoon and the ride there seemed like it lasted foreverrrr! Literally, it was painful. Once we got there we had like an hour tops to get ready, SO NOT GOOD. So we are all rushing to get ready in our tiny bathroom, which was legitimately smaller than my closet. Anyways, in the midst of all the madness it was brought to my attention that I would be speaking a testimony infront of the entire congregation! I was so, so, so nervous. The whole time before service I felt and looked like I was about to vomit. Luckily when service started the spirit of God moved right on in and took away my stress. The service was amazing! The message was "The Net Works" preached by Pastor Acres. I just love his teachings.

After service finished at 11:30 pm ( I know, super late ), we walked back across the street to our rooms and got ready for all night bowling! We had a ton of fun and bowled until around 1:30am. We soon got really tired and headed back to the hotel. We gained energy somewhere in between this transition and decided to head to the beach. It was freezing. We stayed for about 45 minutes and then bailed. Oh and we found these lovely "Face In A Hole" things, of course we took pictures in them! We ended up falling asleep around 3:30am.
Wearing J'waye's hat, he ran into the ocean. Idiot.
We woke up the next morning at 9am and met with the rest of the youth at the beach for pictures. I have many more of these, just not on my camera; therefore, I must wait.
After we all packed up and checked out of the hotel, we headed for Ihop. Mm, I certainly love breakfast at any hour of the day. We also checked out the Tanger outlet malls, where they just opened a brand spankin' new f21! It was amazement. I purchased a super adorable ring which I was post tomorrow. On the trip home, my cousin Morgan and I rode the guys bus home. It was so much fun. We rode it because the girls were super hyped and I was tired. We had an interesting ride home, that's for sure.
Now I am home, in the comfort of my own bed, about to watch the back of my eyelids for awhile.
Enjoy your Sunday bloggers,
Xoxo,
Kelsey. 




No comments:

Post a Comment