Friday, January 6, 2012

Enough Is Never Quite Enough-What's Enough?

Happy Friday Everyone!
There is no outfit post today, seeing as my 55mm lense has been having issues recently :(( I have to take her to the Canon store for a cleaning this weekend, so hopefully I'll be back and ready for action by Monday!
So today I conducted a little experiement. Normally when I go to school, I wear the basic makeup - mascara, foundation, cover up. Well today I decided to see what people would say if I changed it up a bit. All I did was add a little eyeliner in the top lash line, and shimmery eyeshadow. The difference of people's compliments was impeccable. Everyone told me "you look really really pretty today, Kelsey." Yes, you would think that one should feel happy about that, but honestly it just made me feel awful. Personally, I hate wearing that much makeup, it feels fake to me. Don't get me wrong, makeup is super fun to play around with, but just not for an 'everyday look.' So you can only imagine what was running through my mind. "How come they find me to be so much prettier with makeup on?" "What do they think when I'm just normal?" And then I came to this one though : Why is it that you always hear guys say "I think it's most attractive when girls can be their natural selves" when in reality, they always go for the ones with the most makeup on? It's ridiculous how ones 'compliment' can be twisted into a critique.

Just some food for thought.
Xoxo,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment